Monday, October 17, 2011

Gena's Wedding Reception Dress ;)

Who would've ever thought I would design a reception dress for the sweet, timid girl that sat next to me in Spanish class TEN years ago!!!  Being a grade younger then everyone else, Gena was a tad shy in class but I knew she just needed a little warming up to break out of her shell.  She probably thought I was obnoxious and wanted me to leave her alone, but i am SO GLAD I didn't!!!lol  As the year progressed, I got to know Gena and she is one of the most down to earth, sweetest girls I know.  So to have Gena ask me to design her reception dress, on one of the most important days of her life, was such an incredible honor for me.  I was so estactic that I agreed right away, not knowing how I was going to pull it off!lol  
Gena loved the style of Sara Seven dresses.  So I knew I wanted to do a pleated sweetheart, poofy dress.  You can see my lack of education in sewing, calling it a "poofy" dress!haha  Anyways, I thought something fun, short, and flirty to dance in during the reception would be PERFECT!!!  So I bought some organza material, folded some pleats, and started sewing away, and somehow it turned out BEAUTIFUL!!!  THANK GOD!!!  I was so nervous, but as soon as she put the dress on I couldn't be happier with the results.  Granted Gena would look good in a brown paper bag, the dress looked stunning on her!  
To have Gena wear a My-Kim dress on her special day meant the world to me, and I can't put into words how I felt to see her on the dance floor wearing a dress that I made.  I'm just happy that I got to be a part of it and wish her and Matt a lifetime of happiness ;) CONGRATS MR. AND MRS. RUSSO!!!



 



3 comments:

  1. LOVE it!!! Gena Looks amazing and I'm so mad I had to work and miss her wedding! If it wasn't for having to save my vacation days for my own wedding, I definitely would have been there!

    -Holli

    http://pearlspinkandsouthern.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I would've loved to see you there Holli! Good luck w/ everything on your big day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really loved color of bride’s wedding dress!! The venue is also looking very beautiful. I want this type of Seattle venues for my sister’s wedding. So I am searching on internet. I wonder if anyone can suggest a good venue for her special day!

    ReplyDelete