Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My-Kim Update ;)




….just a little update for those who are wondering what is going on with My-Kim. We are planning to open a store in downtown Columbia on Devine st. this spring ;)  Half of the store will carry an independently designed/ manufactured My-Kim line. And the other half will be a mixture of designer retail. We are aiming to open an affordable boutique that not only carries Southern proper, preppy clothes, but also fun, night out on the town clothes! Scheduled to open late March, early April so STAY TUNED for more info.!!!



As small as we are trying to start out, it has been SOOOO much hard work!!! It doesn’t matter how early I wake up or how late I go to bed, there is always a TON of things to get done...  And this leads me to my next topic….

Since I’ve been way over my head trying to launch My-Kim, I decided to partner with my HARDWORKING college friend!!!

...Ms. Wing She

aka: Chicken Wing, Wing-a-Ling, Wang, Wingy Bingy

If there is one characteristic of Wing, it’s definitely her tenacity. She is basically a sister to me and I’ve always looked up to her for being so disciplined. Holding a fulltime job as a pharmacist, Wing comes over on her days off and we’re continuously working f/m 9 in the morning ‘till 12 at night.  And as bad as this sounds, she is the one pushing me to work harder!lol


It’s so funny how things work out…as we sit in front of the computer, spending HOURS to complete our business plan, I couldn’t help but to think deja vu!!! Taking me back to the college days when we’d stare at the computer fixing our essays or looking over lecture notes on Blackboard.  It’s crazy to think about the countless times we would sip on Starbucks and nervously talk about exams and now we're discussing real estate contracts and bank funding over coffee!lol


I do feel like some people are divinely connected and I couldn’t be more blessed to have her as my business partner…and from her obsession of shoes/purses to my obsession with clothes, we couldn’t make a more perfect pair ;)

Biz Partners ;)

….stay tuned for some pics of our FIRST set of ARRIVALS!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your store! I am preparing to write a blog about your clothing line soon! Definitely love the idea of a Southern, proper, chic store! I think you should open one in Aiken :) We need a store that carries great designer clothes like yours, Southern Proper, Dixie Patches, Lilly P., Southern Tide, and so much more!

    http://pearlspinkandsouthern.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Holli!!! There will be some pics of My-Kim samples in a few weeks, so you could use that in your blog!!! You'll have to come up and visit the store once it's open and you can use your gift certificate ;)

      Delete